Angie Vasquez

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Back in the U.S.A.

I flew back to Buenos Aires from the falls and then back to Lima, Peru for one night before flying back to MN. The adventure was absolutely amazing, and I met so many interesting people from all over the world. I was a little disappointed to miss Carnaval in Brazil and would have liked to make it to Uruguay and Ecuador as well, but it's great to be home again, and I definitely plan on returning at some point. My list of places I want to visit around the world has also grown significantly after hearing other travelers recommendations.

I'm not sure whether the culture shock was greater when arriving to Peru, or when returning to the states after being gone for so long. I still have to catch myself from ordering food, saying hello, good-bye, and thank you in Spanish. Thanks to everyone for all reading about my travels and for all your comments. If I get really motivated, I might keep the blog going....but that's a big IF.

Angie

8 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger blah,blah,blah said...

Hi there... I'm actually going to argentina at the end of March.
I'm landing in buenos aires of course and I have 14 days in argentina. What would you say I should see?
Glacier or the Falls, because I don't know if I have time for both without a lot of travel. what else are the must do's. Thanks!

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Hello,

That's a tough call as both are incredible. The Patagonia area was my favorite because of all the hiking. But, it takes more time to see. The falls are fantastic as well, and Buenos Aires is a great city to explore for a week for so. If you decide to do the falls, you can also go to Uruguay as well. From what I understand there are some great beaches. Let me know if you have more specific questions about either location. If you do decide to go to the glacier I would recommend flying since you only have 14 days. It takes quite a while by bus!

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

It's the guy who did Peruforyou that you communicated with back in December. Sounds like you had a great trip. We would have loved to see everything you did, but, just didn't have the time. Maybe next time. But, as you said, the more you travel, the more you learn about other places to explore!

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ang,

I love your pictures and it sounds like you had a wonderful adventure. I envy your travels and I hope to be able to wander about South America as you have done over the last 3 months. It is great to have you back in Minnesota!

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Jens,

I think there are numerous resources available for hiking trips. For this particular trip I used travel websites, the Lonely Planet, and word-of-mouth. There are also numerous books for with maps and suggested trails for specific areas of interest.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Angie Vázquez said...

Saludos!

Me llamo como tú.

 
At 12:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I can’t understand how to add your site in my rss reader. Can you Help me, please :)

 
At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhvkwbhfw
BddOEGOMDELDds

We supply [url=http://www.woolrich-arctic-parka.org]Woolrich Parka[/url] down jackets ,
[url=http://www.woolrich-arctic-parka.org]Check this out[/url] to visit our website [url=http://www.woolrich-arctic-parka.org]www.woolrich-arctic-parka.org[/url] .
Here you can find the cheap [url=http://www.woolrich-arctic-parka.org/woolrich-arctic-parka-women-c-2.html]Arctic Parka Woolrich[/url] .

Now to buy so [url=http://www.woolrich-arctic-parka.org/]pas cher woolrich jackets[/url]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home